The musings of a cantankerous over the hill greasemonkey who, though already old, is rather old for his age. I'll bust greasy knuckles out in the garage or argue politics with anyone who will stand for it....



Sunday, January 27, 2013

A new project

I have been gathering parts for a new project some time now. Ever since I read an article where Kevin "Fabricator Kevin" Verkest did a magnificent job hardtailing a swingarm shovelhead frame, it has been stuck in my head to build something with one of these frames one day. Last year I got a good deal on a frame from a friend and had it shipped right to Kevin. I have been gathering other items since. I picked the frame and front end up from Kevin yesterday and couldn't be happier. He set up the wheels and brakes and fabricated a method for mounting an OEM rigid style oil tank to the frame. This thing is gorgeous and ready for me to get busy ironing out details and getting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment